There are newer employer reviews for Villa

Great place to work

I have been working at Villa

Pros

Attitude towards employees, Benefits and Community focus

Cons

Retail workers start at partime

None

reviews filtered by
  1. Marketing Intern

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Villa as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, open door policy you can talk to everyone.

Cons

Intern program at its infancy, specially in e-commerce, not much things to do.

Create a more solid internship program.

2. Used to love the company culture, now it's watered down and careless with employee hiring

Current Employee - MIT in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - MIT in Reading, PA

I have been working at Villa

Pros

I work for the company now and I love the freedom and the relationships that are built in the community and within the store.

Cons

-Management hires people who misrepresent the products (34-40 year old sales associates with no knowledge about current trends). No age discrimination but customers want to feel as though they can relate, and the core customer are 10-30 yr old residents of urban communities.

-District managers hires push overs and suck ups instead of qualified candidates and people who would fit in with the culture of VILLA

-New investors have turned what was once a special brand and culture into a watered down, urban FootLocker (I've worked for VILLA, FootLocker, and FootAction) and the store policies change by the minute

-Constantly revoking employee discount with no reason company-wide

-ABSOLUTELY NO employee appreciation unless it is for Management. I have heard numerous employees say that they have been told "If you don't like the rules you can easily be replaced and they have fired numerous long term, loyal, dedicated employees for literally nothing

Villa, it is not the worst company, because there are good times...but what was once a urban and community orientated store has turned into a dark whole for retail sales people and for passionate fashion experts. You need to pay more attention to the employees that uplift the store's image in the communities and that represent the brand because THAT is why customers shop at VILLA.

Management needs to learn to teach and prepare focused employees for management roles as oppose to pushing employees away and keeping them doing the busy work such as "sweeping and mopping and dusting and trash".... NONE OF THAT IS MANAGER WORK....hiring from outside is also a slap in the face when there are MIT's promised positions that rarely or never get to become a manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Villa