Villanova University

www.villanova.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Villanova University

Work Study is Okay

I have been working at Villanova University part-time

Pros

The people are great. On campus work means that you do not need a car or other transportation. Flexible hours. Get to meet other professors and networking contacts.

Cons

Salary is basically minimum wage. Sometimes there is not a lot of things to do so work can become boring.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Villanova University (View Most Recent)

Villanova University went from a 5-star employer when I first started 25 years ago, to a 1 or 2-star workplace.

I have been working at Villanova University full-time

Pros

Good benefits (although they have been reduced systematically over the past few years). A few departments are "staff" friendly and have decent managers.

Cons

Executive management have a guarded and authoritarian management style (“my way or the highway”). The ROI or bottom line has become more important than loyalty to exemplary and commendable employees. The university president has become more concerned with securing donations than fostering a true spirit and environment of camaraderie and family (as there once was), and not just paying it lip-service. Over the past few years, I've seen a growing number of long-term, dedicated, hardworking and talented staff discarded strictly for budgetary reasons. Then younger, less experienced staff are hired at much lower salaries. This has a demoralizing affect campus-wide.

Allegiance is a two-way street. Nurture your best employees, don't dampen their spirits.

Great experience for a part-time position

I have been working at Villanova University part-time

Pros

Academically great: I had the chance to work with other smart students
    Supportive environment: the management is very nice since this is a Catholic university
    Everyone appreciates the work of the IT staff

Cons

Tight budget: budget for IT is not big, so the IT infrastructure wasn't very good. There are complaints at times from students and staffs from the school about the Internet.

There are newer employer reviews for Villanova University