There are newer employer reviews for Virgin America

Have fun at work!

Former Employee - Guest Services in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Guest Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Virgin America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Allowed to be creative, meet interesting people, flexible, great travel benefits, everyday is different, coworkers are generally fun, energetic people that are good to work with

Cons

management can be very difficult to work with at times, lots of bureaucracy, on your feet all day, guests can be annoying and difficult at times

89 Other Employee Reviews for Virgin America (View Most Recent)

Good company but lots to work on.. like many others ;) LA Based Inflight

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The People! Amazing! I've made friends that I seriously never though I would. Flight benefits are ok..I've had better.. But with inflight you've got jumpseat agreements which are great! Money is not bad..for a relatively new carrier.. 1st yr 20 ,2nd 22 ,3rd 24 and so on.. Im sure pay scales will change. Minimum hrs is 70 max is 130.. If you work your butt off you can make good money. You get incentive pay after I believe 80 or 85 hours. But tax deductions suck!! Get married or make some babies. Lol. Its a different culture here which will, unfortunately, eventually die but great while it lasts..Easy job, good $$!

Cons

Health insurance is expensive.. Stick to your spouses insurance or your parents and save money! Job security is not very good here at Virgin.. Five years and still no profit,, Now they are asking for voluntary leaves and cutting down flights.. like half. Its great that they're doing something about it but its worry some when your load factor is at 70% after all that. Honestly.. If I we're you consider Southwest or JetBlue before you come here until (if) we succeed. Its a great job but not much room for growth.. Besides lead position. If you want to move up the later you have to brown nose A LOT! Again great company but do yourself a favor and consider looking else where for something stable.

Ehh.. never listen anyway..

My experience was terrible

Former Employee - Reservation Team Member in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Reservation Team Member in Kent, WA

I worked at Virgin America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

it's a way to earn a quick paycheck

Cons

They don't pay much for all the work you have to do, I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy

Stay away at all costs