There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Commonwealth University

Very comfortable work environment. School is growing fast.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Virginia Commonwealth University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

VCU has a very friendly environment with nice staff. Very good balance with personal life. Richmond is a great city with nice restaurants and great culture.

Cons

Salaries not that high. Gossipy workplace at times. Long hours without compensation. Management was shuffled around quite a bit.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Virginia Commonwealth University (View Most Recent)

Great place to work for anyone who does not need recognition or credit for their hard work

I have been working at Virginia Commonwealth University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the work I do and have a great office environment. I love working with so many diverse populations of students. It is a very large university so there are countless opportunities for students, faculty and staff. Love the amenities of working in the city.

Cons

The university does not care about it's employees. Parking is a living nightmare. Because it is such a large institution, you do not receive recognition or credit for the work you do. Extra demands are often placed on staff without compensation for the extra work you've done.

Put as much effort into recognizing the contributions of the lower-level faculty and staff as those in higher level faculty and administrative positions to keep us motivated to want to work here.

Large School with Independent Students

Former Employee - Orientation Assistant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Orientation Assistant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Virginia Commonwealth University as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Worked well with my schedule and allowed me to be independent

Cons

Can feel lost by the size of the organization

Treat each employee as an individual

There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Commonwealth University