Virginia Hospital Center
www.virginiahospitalcenter.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

challenging environment but committed to quality patient care

Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at Virginia Hospital Center

Prospay scale for staff rn decent, exciting changes being made to accomodate more Kaiser patients. Leadership that involved with direct patient care are supportive in what can be a difficult political situation with budget cuts.

Consthey take advantage that this economy makes it hard for people to leave. Directors are insensitive to demands made in what seems to be mean spirited at times.Parking is a disaster. Unrealistic expectation and poor coordination of mandatory inservices and meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what if feels like to be powerless. HONEST reasons regarding why difficult decisions are made. We lose respect when hidden agendas are revealed. Hiding behind etiquet keeps you from looking real. Give an answer to the grumbling ...learn the value of a quality explanation. If you listen to the people at the low end you would be surprised at the cost savings that could be realized. They see more waste because literally they are the ones throwing things away. You give great care to customers but employees are also your consumers and have brains, hearts etc.

Great place to develop

Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at Virginia Hospital Center

Pros: great for those with little experience to gain experience Cons: average remuneration and benefits for staff Advice to Senior Management: Pay above average to retain staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Trying to be better, but not there yet

Staff Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Virginia Hospital Center

Pros: The benefits are very good, the hospital itself is very clean and other staff are friendly to one another. Hospital offers… Cons: The parking, new employees must park offsite and take shuttle from satellite lot. Management hiring practices are questionable, some of the attitudes are a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Virginia Hospital Center.

Worked for Virginia Hospital Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virginia Hospital Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Virginia Hospital Center CEO James B. Cole. All reviews posted anonymously by Virginia Hospital Center employees.