Virginia Mason Medical Center

www.virginiamason.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center

Great leadership, great experience.

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great patient care. Great respect for people and their ideas. Embraces concept of lean thinking and puts it into production. My team and I can put our ideas into practice without beuracratic red tape. Wonderful place to work at every day. Some of the best leadership I've ever worked under.

Cons

Infrastructure a bit dated, but most hospitals face this. Some staff have been around too long and have a sense of entitlement. Need a better performance management system.

Advice to Management

Get a real performance management system in place - we need it.

Other Employee Reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center

Not a current Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great place to work in regard to the people and respect shown to "all". People are asked to provide good supportive team work and it shows. Their Lean process provides the ability to give suggestions for improvements.

Cons

Did not provide enough feed back in regard to performance or lack of performance. Several job duty modifications have resulted in employees taking pay cuts to keep their jobs.

Advice to Management

Provide better hi-end training... not just internet self paced classes to improve skills. They are not aware of the lack of job satisfaction current employees have.

I love this place

Current Employee - Clinic Services Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Clinic Services Representative in Seattle, WA

Pros

Willing to listen to suggestions for improvements. Great morale. Utilize Toyota Production System, renamed Virginia Mason Medical Center, and this has allowed us to become the best hospital in the country. The processes are not perfect and sometimes progress seems slow, but we are moving in the right direction and much safer and more efficient that other healthcare facilities.

Cons

The large scale communication could be better sometimes.