Virginia Mason Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center

I. T. Professional

Current Employee - I T Professional in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - I T Professional in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging environment at prestigious, innovative medical center. Competitive salaries and very good management, annual reviews are guaranteed. Not a cut throat environment, patient is the primary focus for all staff.

Cons

Pace can be incredibly hectic, stressful and demanding. Burn out and fatigue can set in after a while. Things can get political at times, but where doesn't it?

56 Other Employee Reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Worked Out Patient Front and Back Office

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A leader in customer service, always moving forward, comprehensive training, high standards regarding patient safety.

Cons

A community of fear, individuality is not appreciated, often long time employees were not willing to move forward, mid management not willing to move forward with new processes.

Mid management needs to be made more accountable.Dispel the community of fear.

My experience was very good with most of the people I worked with.

I worked at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

VM is made up of passionate and committed people who have a clear vision and management system that is consistently applied.

Cons

The management system is modeled after the Toyota Production System which is based on constant improvement. This can lead to a "never good enough" mentality where the approach to improvement is always focused on what's wrong without adequate balance to acknowledging what is right. It's also built around efficiency (lean) which results in some places being too lean and the work load/stress on current employees is too high. There is inconsistent happiness at VM in that some departments have lots of long term happy people, and other departments don't. Middle management needs support for consistency.

Practice what you preach. High up in the organization there is a lack of balance in acknowledging what is right. It leaves a person feeling like they can never do it good enough. More compassion for the workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center