There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center

VM - love of my life until they got so caught up in other things that patients were no longer at the top of the pyramid.

Former Employee - Supervisor
Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time

Pros

Fantastic doctors and staff, most of whom truly care about every patient they see.

Cons

Administration that's lost focus - making it tough for those who care about patients.

Get back to knowing your people - what they do, what they endure on a daily basis. Then they'll respect the other things they're asked to do. Loyalty is lacking as of late. Care about your employees. Really listen to them. The lack of both is why I left. It wasn't fun any more.

reviews filtered by

I. T. Professional

Current Employee - I T Professional in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - I T Professional in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging environment at prestigious, innovative medical center. Competitive salaries and very good management, annual reviews are guaranteed. Not a cut throat environment, patient is the primary focus for all staff.

Cons

Pace can be incredibly hectic, stressful and demanding. Burn out and fatigue can set in after a while. Things can get political at times, but where doesn't it?

Worked Out Patient Front and Back Office

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A leader in customer service, always moving forward, comprehensive training, high standards regarding patient safety.

Cons

A community of fear, individuality is not appreciated, often long time employees were not willing to move forward, mid management not willing to move forward with new processes.

Mid management needs to be made more accountable.Dispel the community of fear.

There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Mason Medical Center