Virginia Mason Medical Center

www.virginiamason.org

Federal Way Virginia Mason : Good pay, Good co workers but SERIOUS MID AND UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT DYSFUNCTION

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsGood pay and excellent employees

ConsThe work environment is unnecessarily stressful due to the high workload, endless list of rules and "policing" of staff. Even the rule abiding hardworking employees are treated like they are worthless and can be replaced - people fear for their jobs on a daily basis.

The Managers sit in up in their nice office all day, order lunch paid by VM and use "drones" to do their dirty work. Most of them are uneducated and have no people, management or customer service skills..... and it shows. They are wasting money and making bad budget decisions.

VM needs to fire the dead weight middle managers and clinic manager of the Federal Way clinic and start over with a hardworking cohesive team that respects their valuable staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementFederal Way management : Go home. Gary Kaplan and VP : Stop saying you want to hear the truth about the work environment...you don't. We have tried to tell you with several anonymous letters to your office.

The environment in Federal Way is so hostile that no one can really tell you how they feel for fear of getting fired.

You need to create a truly anonymous feedback forum so you can find out what is really going on in Federal Way.

VM - love of my life until they got so caught up in other things that patients were no longer at the top of the pyramid.

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time

Pros: Fantastic doctors and staff, most of whom truly care about… Cons: Administration that's lost focus - making it tough for those… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to knowing your people - what they do, what they endure on a daily basis. Then they'll respect the other things they're… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I. T. Professional

I T Professional (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Virginia Mason Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Challenging environment at prestigious, innovative medical center. Competitive salaries and very good management, annual reviews… Cons: Pace can be incredibly hectic, stressful and demanding. Burn out and fatigue can set… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Worked for Virginia Mason Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!