Virginia Tech

www.vt.edu

Amazing work atmosphere, challenging but reasonable work...

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Blacksburg, VA

ProsVirginia Tech has research-oriented labs, that introduce the student employees to a variety of disciplines of research. Especially, the students get hands-on experience in the field, and can develop their professional side admirably in preparation for finding a job in the industry. I work in the microelectronics laboratory, and I am thoroughly indebted to the University to improve my technical expertise in the field of microelectronics.

ConsUltimately, working at a University will only give you a perfunctory experience of what actually happens in the industry, and does not completely prepare you for the real world, since the job here is more or less fixed, unless you really screw it up with your advisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management is doing a brilliant job in employing students and grooming them as professionals. And at Virginia Tech you are almost guaranteed funding by research. Keep it up guys.

Best research group for Mineral processing area

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Blacksburg, VA

I have been working at Virginia Tech full-time for more than a year

Pros: Top notch Research in mineral processing area. Cons: Hard work, time consuming and demands full concentration Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Virginia Tech full-time for less than a year

Pros: clean weather but mostly windy! Cons: is located in small town. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Virginia Tech.

Worked for Virginia Tech? Contribute to the Community!