Virginia Transformer Corp.
www.vatransformer.com Roanoke, VA 500 to 999 Employees

Owner is a slave-driver, benefits stink, dirt-cheap labor flown in from India to keep costs down.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pocatello, ID

I worked at Virginia Transformer Corp.

ProsInteresting industry, mostly hard-working employees.

ConsOwner is a tyrant, labor is seen as expendable, leadership is not trained (good leadership is not validated by the president), wages are undercut by staff direct from India who will work for nothing and get quartered all together.

Advice to Senior ManagementTHIS IS NOT INDIA! Clean up your act, stop protecting lousy workers who are your friends. stop shipping in foreign labor then lying to american applicants about jobs being filled. learn that people don't work 24-7. be fair. be honest. give decent benefits. That place needs to unionize.

good company to start your career but two-three years is enough to be here.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)
Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp.

Pros: Lot to learn; unique things to learn Cons: closely held and monitored company. Only work no fun. Advice to Senior Management: respect and trut your employees and they will reciprocate More

Anonymouse

Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Transformer Corp.

Pros: Great place to kick off a career. Lots to learn and great… Cons: nothing much really. Enjoyed my work here. Roanoke can get cold as it is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep going. Great track you guys are on and will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Virginia Transformer Corp..

Worked for Virginia Transformer Corp.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virginia Transformer Corp. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Virginia Transformer Corp. CEO Prabhat Jain. All reviews posted anonymously by Virginia Transformer Corp. employees.