Virginia Western Community College

www.vw.vccs.edu
  www.vw.vccs.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Western Community College

Great college and great place to work

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty
Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at Virginia Western Community College as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent educational opportunities and acdemic caliber of staff

Cons

No, no, no, no, no

none

6 Other Employee Reviews for Virginia Western Community College (View Most Recent)

Good company

I have been working at Virginia Western Community College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very supportive of continued education and training. True desire to help students and invest time.

Cons

Depending on department work life balance can be a little off but all in all not a huge problem

College used to be great, but work environment has become abusive

Current Employee - Faculty in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Faculty in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Virginia Western Community College full-time

Pros

The students are great! Working with them and being able to help them get the education for a career is very satisfying.

Cons

2014 - Horrible work conditions for staff and faculty. Very abusive... very 'cliquey'. If you are friends with the bullies (administration), all goes well. If not, then your life is hellacious. It pains me when I have to keep documentation of abuse and record every interaction with administration instead of focusing on my job of helping the students. Hiring committees are stacked toward 'yes men' candidates. Any request for help is ignored by administration. I can sum it all up by this: In the grocery store and cashier and I were chatting. Told them I worked at Virginia Western... her response -- that used to be a great place, but everyone in high school knows how bad it is now.

There are newer employer reviews for Virginia Western Community College