There are newer employer reviews for ViroPharma

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  Exton, PA
Current Employee - Director in Exton, PA

I have been working at ViroPharma

Pros

Small rapidly growing company, great co-workers and a smart Senior Management. Uses money wisely to acquire new products and markets.

Cons

Small Pharma company growing rapidly so some benefits are not so competitive. A few colleagues may not have the skill sets that are taught/learnt in larger companies.

5 Other Employee Reviews for ViroPharma (View Most Recent)

Great experience as a contract CRA

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Exton, PA

I worked at ViroPharma as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Some of the most welcoming, quality people that I have ever worked along side. Compensation was very generous.
    Work-life balance was the best for the employees. Employees had the ability to work from home when necessary. As a contract worker, I worked on site in the office. When monitoring, I worked from home, when not on site monitoring.
    The employees got together after hours and seemed to really enjoy each others company.
    The company encouraged employee growth and development.
    I was very impressed with the companies' stated values and their follow through.

Cons

Something I never experienced personally, but heard employees discussing frequently was inequality of male to female promotions.

I have not worked at ViroPharma (contact ended December 2013) since Shire took over in 2014, so I can't comment on the new management. I had no problems with management when ViroPharma was in charge.

Best company I worked for

Former Employee - Developer  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Developer in Exton, PA

I worked at ViroPharma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture. True family oriented environment. Benefits and pay are above-average and great work-life balance. The CEO knows everybody by first name and genuinely cares for patients.

Cons

It was acquired by Shire in January 2014 so the company no longer exists.

There are newer employer reviews for ViroPharma

Worked for ViroPharma? Contribute to the Community!