Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virtual Causeway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Virtual Causeway CEO Rick Endrulat. All reviews posted anonymously by Virtual Causeway employees.
Former Employee – worked at Virtual Causeway full-time for more than 3 years
Pros – - If you don't have a vehicle, it's on a transit route
- There are 'summer hours' on Fridays where you can be done at 1 pm, but you have to stay later during the week to make up the time. This also didn't apply for management level
- You can win prizes for meeting calling quotas and lead generation targets (con: they are terrible prizes)
Cons – - The pay is REALLY low. It's a little above the poverty line for non-management employees
- You are on the phone all day long, making cold calls and working on research projects in between calls at the same time. If you do not meet your daily call quota (which can be in the 100's) or if there is too much down time between each call (a few minutes), you will be in trouble.
- Extreme micro management
- No breaks allowed because going to the bathroom is a break
- Not allowed to socialize with coworkers outside of work or you will be potentially written up. Not allowed to spend too much time with other departments because it's looked down upon.
- If you call in sick, expect multiple phone calls home. Example: emergency contacts have been called just because of an employee calling in sick with the flu. I was told specifically, if you are contagious that's one thing. If you have the stomach flu, you can still come in and do work. You also cannot leave work if you are sick without a giant hassle. Example: Had to get doctor's note on a Friday to leave 3 hours earlier due to having a really bad cold. Also got several employees sick because of it.
- No open door policy because the management team is related - through marriage or siblings. HR reports to them so nothing will ever change.
- When you quit, you're expected to give many weeks notice (at least 4, but preferably 6-12 months). You will be treated poorly as well as ignored during your notice period.
Advice to Senior Management – - Get some ethics and a soul because everyone hates working for you because of you.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2012-12-14 13:34 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.