Virtual Instruments

This company ROCKs!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Virtual Instruments

Pros

the work environment is excellent. There's no politics and my ideas are heard. There's not a lot of process yet so every contribution counts. The people are friendly and happy to assist each other. People are excited about the direction of the company and are working together.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that I wish I was able to meet every new person or that there are more social events so get people together. I think the company is working on this so I'm looking forward to it. I think the more fun we have during the start-up phase will really solidify my experience with Virtual Instruments

Please keep up what you are doing in growing this company. I really think this company has a lot of potential. Please also have more employee social events. I think the more fun we have during the start-up phase will really solidify my experience with

23 Other Employee Reviews for Virtual Instruments (View Most Recent)

Had a vision years ago but have failed to execute

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Virtual Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

California-based technology company with a lax policy and an easy going pace. Free snacks in the meeting rooms and a masseuse every few weeks.

Cons

Customers find the solution complex and difficult to use. Very rarely does the product used for anything beyond troubleshooting. Limited business value. Stifling company culture where external ideas carry little value.

Continue to replace the weak leadership with stronger more Enterprise class individuals.

Professional Amateurs

I worked at Virtual Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good product, it works and customers get great benefits from making a purchase

Cons

No company culture.
    Real lack of understanding on how to start and grow a business.
    Management has a serious issue of understanding where the opportunities are and where the focus of the sales team should be.
    No investment in strategic partnerships/relationships with 3rd party vendors.
    Sales organisation constantly changing, hardly any time for clients to get used to their account managers before new ones comes in.
    Heavily reliant on CEO's personal relationships and network for new and existing businesses opportunities.
    CEO not 100% focused on the company.
    I would never work for this company or it's management again

Find a VP of Sales that has previous experience in a successful startup and can align the product sales cycle with his hiring and firing.
    There's nothing more frustrating than investing the time in teaching and prepping sales teams over a 6-9 month time period only for them to be let go at the time when they become most effective.
    Find a CEO that is fully committed to the success of this company as opposed to one who's only motivation is to brag to his Silicon Valley buddies that he too has a start up.

There are newer employer reviews for Virtual Instruments