Virtual Instruments

There are newer employer reviews for Virtual Instruments

The Perfect Opportunity!

Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Virtual Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Virtual Instruments has provided me with everything that I was looking for in my job search. From the time I was contacted by their recruiter to now, the overall experience has exceeded my expectations. This is a GREAT place to work. Not only is the company doing very well and has a bright future, but the work environment has provided me:

more visibility with my work and the chance to really own the processes
learning opportunity that provides me the chance to hone my skills as a QA engineer
collaborative culture
flexible work environment (which is great since I have small children)
an overall fun atmosphere (I enjoy coming into work everyday)

Cons

Nothing more than what you would expect from a small company. I expect a lot of these wrinkles will be ironed out as the company grows and more support systems are put in place.

Keep up the good work. I am very excited about VI's trajectory and the culture that has been fostered.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Virtual Instruments (View Most Recent)

Tremendous potential, excellent leadership and a fun place to work

I have been working at Virtual Instruments

Pros

- Co-workers are supportive and always willing to help.
    - You will be given ownership and responsibilities, if you are willing take.
    - A lot of social events including monthly birthdays.
    - Very good work/life balance.

Cons

- No in-house food/cafe.
    - No 401k match

- Keep the hiring bar high.
    - Please be receptive to employee engagement/happiness and strive to maintain the startup culture.
    - Being one of the most promising silicon valley startups, providing free food is a must for becoming one of the best places to work. You will be surprised by the increase in the productivity of engineers.

My experience getting hired was good!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Virtual Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The recruiting team is pretty knowledgable and pro-active. My pay is at competitive market, it's actually a little more than what my friends are getting, Pre-IPO stocks & the normal benefits. Oh, they do offer a free membership for Club One which is way better than 24 hour fitness! The environment is pretty casual, there's good flexibility. My direct manager is really cool and was pretty hands on when I started but now I'm running with things on my own so you can say he's hands off when you don't need him.

Cons

-My interview was long, I had to meet with 6-7 engineers but it was nice because they asked me some really technical type questions that gave me an idea of how deep and technical the scope of the projects are.

-They don't serve free food everyday like most start-ups but they do offer free drinks and snacks.

More days of free lunch instead of once a week.

There are newer employer reviews for Virtual Instruments