VirtualScopics

www.virtualscopics.com

Great ideas, poor management, poor execution

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsThe health care benefits are paid for. Dental is paid for an invividual, but family is extra. Not a bad gig. 3 weeks of vacation is standard and there is also the holiday shutdown.

ConsI will preface everything I will say with the following:
Research everything independently to what I have written. If there is bias in what I say, then eliminate it. Nothing I write is meant to be a smear campaign. I want the company to grow and I strongly believe in what they do.

The company acts very much like a "good 'ol boys" club. You are either in or you are out. I have spoken with other individuals who have voluntarily left the company and they agree with my assessments.

What they are doing is really worth investing in; however, look at how their stock is doing. When they first were posted on NASDAQ, it soared to over $7.00. Then look at the infighting that happened. Research news paper reports. A few high level individuals were trading stock and caused the value to go down. Since then, the stock has gone down despite the individuals leaving the company. In my opinion, it shows that even without the individuals, VirtualScopics has been unable to keep their stock value up.

They have tried to bolster the stocks by higher ups buying stock volume themselves. For even greater detail, review their SEC filings. They are quite informative.

I believe what they are doing is great, but they need to become more employee focused. The company has an uncomfortable turnover rate. There is a general lack of clarify, focus, and the ability to stay on message with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the above review. Take a step back and create an action plan. You need to boost moral. Many of the employees are paranoid. It is an unhealthy work atmosphere.

There are newer reviews on VirtualScopics.

Worked for VirtualScopics? Contribute to the Community!