Virtus Partners

www.virtusllc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Virtus Partners

Very positive

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance along with benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

None

4 Other Employee Reviews for Virtus Partners (View Most Recent)

Terrible work conditions, unorganized, no regard for employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can work from home once a week,but be prepared to be so stressed out from handling, literally about 10-20 tasks at one time, that working at home will be just as, if not more stressful than going into the office.

You get about 3 weeks of PTO from day one, but believe me YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT!

HR does things to try to make the environment good, like providing meals during the end of every quarter.

They’re always hiring because people quit on a weekly basis

Cons

There is no work-life balance, most people are working 7 days a week because even when the weekend comes many people have to keep working from home on the weekends and late into the middle of the night.

The insurance is very expensive. If you have a family you will be paying several hundred dollars PER PAYCHECK for the cheapest plans.

There is no training. My training consisted of 1 day shadowing someone and the next day I was expected to work on my own. I spent the first 6 months asking questions non-stop. I couldn't get through 10 minutes without having to ask for help, because I didn't receive enough training to have the slightest clue what I was doing.

There is no leadership. Managers don't even monitor the workflow to see how much work comes in daily so essentially you have no management. Managers only help out if you come to them with a disaster. Since the managers don't monitor the work, there will NEVER be a point when your workload will lighten up, it will only continue to grow because the continuously add more and more job duties (literally every week) but don’t increase staff.
    There will be no overtime or bonuses for all those extra hours you work because they pay everyone salary and you WILL work overtime daily.

Managers need to actually MANAGE, give people some training, know how much the workload is daily and pitch in to help your employees if they’re falling behind. Your employees shouldn’t have to run to you and say “there’s a ton of work today”. If you’re a manager you should be involved enough to know and predict that before the employees.

Horrible place to work! Modern sweat shop with low salaries!

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working from home once a week.

Cons

Benefits are really expensive, especially when compared to the low salary you are paid. Management has no clue on how huge the actually workload is. They continually assign more work to everyone and not review if the work can be completed in an efficient manner. The lower level positions consist of high workload and little pay. Expectations are high but no monetary reward. Ridiculous deadlines and no respect for employees. Partners are clueless on work processes.

Anyone who takes a job here will regret it!

Evaluate work and workload for all positions, and pay people fairly and accordingly. Stop being cheap and expecting excellence. Perhaps if you paid people well, the turnover wouldn't be so bad, and you would have to constantly waste money training people because you would retain good workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Virtus Partners