Very positive

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance along with benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

None

Other Reviews for Virtus Partners

Disorganized and misleading, red flag warning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company provided a casual work environment and provided meals during peak business times.

Cons

Over-worked and underpaid. Expect long hours on a salaried position. Red flag warning, my first week of employment saw 2 people leave and subsequent employees leaving in the weeks that followed, high turnover. This was my first clue. Next came the amount of travel required increased. Job expectations were not clearly defined. Unattainable performance goals. Highly disorganized within and between departments.

Not very many positives about working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Virtus Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work from home once a week - that's probably the only positive, but be prepared to be so stressed out from handling, literally about 10-20 tasks at one time, that working at home will be just as, if not more stressful than going into the office.

Another pro is, if you know someone that needs a job, they're always hiring because people are constantly quitting, on a weekly basis.

Since the managers pay no attention to what the employees are doing and don't monitor employees workload or how much work is being done daily and don't have any sort of requirements on how much work each individual needs to get done, you can probably get away with murder if you're a slacker. If you're not then you'll be doing the job of multiple people while others sit back and text and surf the net all day. I've never seen a processing based work environment where managers couldn't tell you if you asked them "how much work came in yesterday". Most companies run numbers daily, if not hourly.

The one thing, I will give them is the PTO policy is pretty good. You get about 3 weeks of PTO from day one, but believe me YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT!

HR does things to try to make the environment good, like providing meals during the end of every quarter.

Cons

On the topic of negatives, whoever wrote the other review must have been paid by the company to do so, because they are completely lying. There is no work-life balance, most people are working 7 days a week because even when the weekend comes many people have to keep "working from home" on the weekends and late into the middle of the night.

The insurance is very expensive, so I don't know why the other reviewer is saying that the benefits are great. If you have a family you will be paying several hundred dollars PER PAYCHECK for the cheapest plans. The coverage is pretty good, but you're paying an arm and a leg for it.

There is no training. My training consisted of 1 day shadowing someone and the next day I was expected to work on my own and I spent about the first 6 months asking questions non-stop. I couldn't get through 15 minutes without having to ask for help, because I didn't receive enough training to have the slightest clue what I was doing and, as I said, you'll be handling a MASSIVE workload, with absolutely NO downtime and each task requires about 20-30 steps to complete.

There is no leadership, managers don't even monitor the workflow to see how much work comes in daily so essentially you have no management. Managers only help out if you come to them with a disaster.

If you're thinking of working here, also be prepared to know that since the managers don't monitor the work to see how much new work is coming in, there will NEVER be a point when your workload will lighten up, it will only continue to grow because at the most, they will only hire replacements for the people that quit (if that), they won't increase staff (at least in certain departments).

Also, almost everyone gets paid a salary, so there will be no overtime or bonuses for all those extra hours you work and you WILL work overtime daily.

My advice is to actually MANAGE, give people some training and for goodness sakes, the managers could at least know how much work comes in daily and not just walk out and leave for the day right at 5pm when they know their employees will be working 5 hours of overtime that day and they've complained about having too much work.

This is one company I would never even CONSIDER going back to.

There are newer employer reviews for Virtus Partners.

Worked for Virtus Partners? Contribute to the Community!