Virtustream
www.virtustream.com W Bethesda, MD 150 to 499 Employees

20 yr industry vet new to Virtustream

Individual Contributor (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Virtustream full-time for less than a year

ProsSmart, professional staff, aggressive growth, doubled in headcount from 2012 to 2013! Cutting edge technology, very strong outlook. You do have a voice and I've found everyone to be helpful. Opportunities are huge! Many new clients signed, many more in the pipeline.

ConsVery aggressive growth is a double edged sword. There are times you will need to put in extra hours to support the growth. You will be asked to do collateral duties. These things are negatives to some and exciting to others. I'm entrepenurial in thought. I've helped companies grow by over $100M in a few years and go public. Understand this is the type of company Virtustream is or you might have a rude awakening.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is aware of challenges we've faced in the past and what we are experiencing presently. No perfect job, company or person/employee. Keep doiing what you are doing, can't please them all. Don't settle on talent, better to have a smart thinker and good cultural fit than a strong tech fit who doesn't fit the culture.

Corporate politics at its best.

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Virtustream full-time for more than a year

Pros: *. Great co workers * Very smart co workers * … Cons: * The new CIO is creating a totalitarian dictatorship based on the good old boy standards. If you dont fit those standards, watch out! *… Advice to Senior Management: There is a lot of potential but your new CIO is not the man to lead the charge. You need to reevaluate your new CIO… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Few Good Men... Few Pennies Paid... Tons of Problems

Engineer (Former Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I worked at Virtustream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Virtustream has a very strong Infrastructure Team… for a team that is very understaffed these guys go above and beyond to make the big wigs… Cons: 0 Work Life Balance and Promotions, does not pay at the market rates. It's only about who you know at Virtustream... scratch my… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up... it's no longer High School... speaking to your Team will be very beneficial Rodney… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Virtustream.

Worked for Virtustream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virtustream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Virtustream CEO Rodney J. Rogers. All reviews posted anonymously by Virtustream employees.