There are newer employer reviews for Virtustream

20 yr industry vet new to Virtustream

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Virtustream full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Smart, professional staff, aggressive growth, doubled in headcount from 2012 to 2013! Cutting edge technology, very strong outlook. You do have a voice and I've found everyone to be helpful. Opportunities are huge! Many new clients signed, many more in the pipeline.

Cons

Very aggressive growth is a double edged sword. There are times you will need to put in extra hours to support the growth. You will be asked to do collateral duties. These things are negatives to some and exciting to others. I'm entrepenurial in thought. I've helped companies grow by over $100M in a few years and go public. Understand this is the type of company Virtustream is or you might have a rude awakening.

Management is aware of challenges we've faced in the past and what we are experiencing presently. No perfect job, company or person/employee. Keep doiing what you are doing, can't please them all. Don't settle on talent, better to have a smart thinker and good cultural fit than a strong tech fit who doesn't fit the culture.

reviews filtered by

Great company

Current Employee - Exec in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Exec in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Virtustream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great people

Cons

Driven by revenue numbers at all costs.

Focus on culture

Our leadership has an open door policy and is open to feedback regardless of who it comes from.

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Virtustream

Pros

Opportunity to learn about entrepreneurship at its finest. I was encouraged to further my career by way of certification by my supervisor almost immediately when I started. People development and growth are key qualities of our leadership.

Cons

My commute into the office vs. leaving the office.

My commute is over an hour in the evening. With the company being young, all of the processes aren't set just yet.

Continue to develop your people and continue to grow the company. Also continue take your open door policy serious as you have, it makes the employees feel every bit as important as the leadership and allows all of us to feel like we are value creators and contributors to success of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Virtustream