Virtustream

www.virtustream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Virtustream

Great company and management to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Virtustream full-time

Pros

When I was looking for a job, I really wanted to find a place where I would be happy going to work every day. Somewhere that would challenge me, but that would also provide a fun and exciting work environment. Virtustream is that place. What could be more exciting than the Cloud? Everyone works extremely hard to do their part and the management team and C-team do a very good job of rewarding their teams and making them feel appreciated. I work directly with the CEO, who is a great leader. He knows what it takes to drive a successful business, but doesn’t forget about the people who help to make it happen. It is amazing to be a part of a young venture-backed company that has been – and continues to be – so successful in a field full of so many big players. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is searching for a job!

Cons

With a company that is growing this fast, you should be prepared to give 100%+. Generally, employees are always available and connected (who isn’t these days?). There will be times that you may have to sacrifice some night and weekend time, but the management also sincerely values family time as well and encourages keeping a work/life balance.

Keep treating your employees as well as you do, and they will surely help you to make Virtustream the top Cloud provider!

26 Other Employee Reviews for Virtustream (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, high growth, exciting company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Virtustream full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Virtustream less than 2 years out of school as a financial analyst. I knew a lot about financial models and excel, but didn't know a thing about cloud computing or much else for that matter. The senior management at Virtustream took me under their wings, and taught me everything from the difference between SATA and SAS disc drives to how to raise capital to managing employees.

Within my first few months at the firm, the CEO/CTO invited me over his house on a Saturday afternoon to spend an afternoon teaching me about cloud. Here I am, this young financial analyst with no knowledge of cloud computing getting a cloud 101 lesson from the CEO/CTO of the whole company.

Management does a great job listening to their employees and helping them grow. After working at the firm for about a year, I told the Chairman/CEO that I wanted to have more customer facing experience. Next thing I knew he had me in a meeting with our largest customer at the time.

What I have found at Virtustream is the more you put in the more you get out. I work very hard for Virtustream, and the Company works just as hard for me. If I were at a big company I would never get the senior management interface or responsibilities. At a small company I wouldn't have the opportunity to interface with Fortune 500 CFOs and top notch venture capital firms. Virtustream has the best of both worlds. We are young and fast enough to allow for fast personal growth, but have enough industry credibility and senior leadership to give you access to the best of the industry.

Cons

This is a venture growth firm, and with that don't expect the same things you would see at a 100,000 person firm. If you aren't willing to work hard and get your hands dirty, this probably isn't the right place for you. If you hate red tape and endless corporate policies, this is the firm for you, but if you don't like to get into the details then Virtustream may not be best for you.

I have been really impressed with management so far. My only advice is as we continue to grow it is important we maintain the tight-knit environment that has helped make this company what it is today.

Great Company

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Virtustream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Virtustream is a fast growing company on the forefront of cloud based technology. If you want to work in a dynamic environment with a ton of opportunities, this is the place. Senior management has done a great job of creating a vision and then working towards it. The growth affords entrepreneurial employees the opportunity to apply their skills, create value for the company and its clients, and then grow their career.

Cons

Any company with this much growth is going to have some growing pains. However, these are the best kind to have.

Continue investing and listening to your people like you have been doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Virtustream