Visa Inc.

www.visa.com

I worked at Visa as a contractor, on multiple assignments, from 2003 to 2010.

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsIf you live in Foster City or nearby, Visa is a very good place to work. Many of the people with whom I worked were both smart and nice. The cafeteria is fine; parking is fine. The work is straightforward and neither frustrating nor challenging. It's a good brand name and not a bad place to spend a little time.

ConsPolicies about contractors have grown progressively disheartening. When I first worked at Visa, it was a great place and contractors were treated like part of the team. Now, unless they can negotiate something better, contractors end up working at a hoteling space--no cube, not even a little partition--with very little space for your files or even a little elbow room. You need to know that, unless your manager can negotiate something better, HR will pull your contract after 50 weeks, no matter what you are doing/no matter how outstanding your performance. You then have to wait for 6 months before you're eligible to return as a contractor. Because the work is very focused on the payment card industry and considerably less technical than you find at other Silicon Valley companies, you might find that your skills have languished in comparison with the requirements of other industries.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving lip service to how the Corporation "values its contract workforce" and start viewing contractors as providing important skills that enable work to get done.

Good

Analyst (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good workplace great jobs get along with coeworkers Cons: Sometimes you have to work faster and stress more Advice to Senior Management: Train one one area until the person becomes an expert… More

Overall not bad but not great either

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent pay Perks are good Onsite Gym Good people to work along Cons: Lots of work Stupid management management sucks manger is rude & micro manging… Advice to Senior Management: yuu guys need to listen to guys who are reporting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Visa Inc..

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!