Visa Inc.

www.visa.com
  www.visa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

Lead Techincal Quality Assurance Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - QA Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many challenges and good rewards and benefits. Good learning opportunity to excel to different level of career. A lot of team players and innovative employee working in the company that you can interact with..

Cons

Many project with deadlines generates high stress.

670 Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc. (View Most Recent)

Finance Intern

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Experience, Nice, helpful people, get invited to all meetings, even if you don't understand everything that is going on, you still get to sit in and soak up as much as you can,

Cons

none, really I mean it

I hope this program will still be up for future students.

Bad Experience in IT Finance

Former Employee - Finance in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good brand recognition. Small number of good people working there.

Cons

Management in the IT finance organization is disorganized, cannot define a simple process, do not treat employees well, some members lack the respect of other organizations so it makes it very difficult to get your job done. There is high turnover in the team with no focus on why people are leaving. Tasks are approached in the most inefficient manner that I've seen in my career. You are only successful on this team if you agree with everything management says. There is no respect or appreciation for having your own thoughts or ideas. When you deliver something that was asked of you, you may be frequently told "that's not what I asked for", when it is exactly what was asked of you.

There is no work life balance, the expectation is that you are online 24x7. It is seen as a weakness if you have a family and want to spend time with them.

A small number of IT Business partners are aggressive and not pleasant to work with.

Overhaul the IT Finance management. You are losing way too many good people and there is no focus on what the core issues are. Scratch the surface of what's really going on here and you'll be shocked.

There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.