Dictated by meaningless processes and people who deliver a perception rather than anything tangible

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are driven high acheiver, the place moves so incredibily slow that you will actually have a work life balance.

Cons

Very challenging for the high acheiver types with a passion to solve complex business needs in an innovative way. Not to mention, completely bewildered at the climate of mediocrity that is rewarded. Poor performers just get "moved over," they don't get fired-and they know it! So the pool of B and C players proliferates while the A players move on out of frustration. A somewhat apathetic culture.

If you want to keep your top talent, figure out how to "remove" the poor performers so those that actually want to work and drive business have the opportunity to florish. You know it's bad if the advice I got on my first week was "lower your ambitions and you will do just fine here." Offer some real solutions to addressing the poor performers rather than just validating as an organization we're at parity with other organizations' dysfunction by doing some agency benchmarking exercise. I would be concerned about the next 20 years, particularly in this period of major disruption in the payment space. Come up with innovative ways to attract and keep top talent-start with 360 degree reviews.

Other Reviews for Visa Inc.

Great company

Current Employee - Business Leader  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Business Leader in Miami, FL

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Visibility, independent work, power to drive business

Cons

Too political, slow, lack of innovative processes

None

You get what you give

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had three promotions in the past 5 years and have been given increased responsibilities that have provided an opportunity for global scope and perspective

Cons

I have worked very hard during that time. There have been a number of changes in leadership in my area, but each time it offered an opportunity for me to step up. Things can move slowly - you get the opportunity to cultivate patience and finesse.

Engage more with the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc..

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!