Business Leader

Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Globally recognized and powerful brand empowered through a technology company. A small corporation which allows you to get exposure for your passion and contributions to the business. It is an exciting time to work here as our industry evolves, our company matures, and internal processes strive for continuous improvement.

Cons

Company is not operating at the world class standard by its own admission, but striving for excellence with new management to drive us forward. We are confident that we are on a path to get where we need to be as an organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc.

Most difficult work environment I've ever encountered.

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Foster City, CA
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice buildings, nice cafeteria on-site.

Cons

Not enough parking since the SF closure. Contractors are treated like 2nd-class citizens. Had to work over-time without getting paid for it. Unethical business leaders should be monitored.

Advice to Management

Stay on top of your Business Leaders' activities and how they treat contractors. Over-time without pay is illegal. Don't have contractors participate in company events and wait till the event is nearly over and tell them they can't participate (contests, department events, etc.) or win in the department competitions.

2. You get what you give

Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had three promotions in the past 5 years and have been given increased responsibilities that have provided an opportunity for global scope and perspective

Cons

I have worked very hard during that time. There have been a number of changes in leadership in my area, but each time it offered an opportunity for me to step up. Things can move slowly - you get the opportunity to cultivate patience and finesse.

Advice to Management

Engage more with the employees.