Visa Inc.

www.visa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

Great place to be

Former Employee - MBA Intern in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - MBA Intern in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

They give you a lot of responsibility, and autonomy to lead the project your way. The team has a lot of expertise and is always available to help. The projects work in a consulting fashion. If someone from other department needs your expertise, they will file a request for a project.

Cons

You have a team but you will conduct the project on your own, or with external consulting firms or agencies

703 Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc. (View Most Recent)

A very slow death in a museum of dusty relics...

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and bonus plan.

Cons

Filled with a lot of unproductive a** kissers waiting for retirement.

Promotions and hirings happen more often than not depending on who you know. The 'old boys' network still exists here.

Stay away, unless you want small chunks of your soul chipped away everyday.

Office environment is dull and lifeless.

3 jeers for being a consultant with this company

Former Employee - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Faculties were very nice,and pay was solid.

Cons

VERY political as well as un-professional. I came into this position with the highest hopes leaving a Fortune 500 company to take a chance on Visa. While employed I was recognized for my efforts various times which was great, however the atmosphere was HORRIBLE. Very go to your desk and do your work with no real engagement from your peers or leaders. Constantly walking on egg shells when talking to anyone. I felt like I was in high-school again trying to fit in with a group of people that were quite frankly very self absorbed and clicky, but acted like this was a normal thing. Training was very sub-par leaving you to train your self on elements that were very important to your job. While over-achieving in my role I thought this would lead to increased interest in hiring me on full time, but quite the opposite as they tended to over work you and then flush you down the toilet followed by a cycle of fresh contractors to take your place. The executive team as well thought contractors were as one executive said "A waste of fing space" not to mention the fact that various executives literally wanted you to be the stepping stone over puddles on rainy days seeing you as nothing and easily aiming at you as the lowest on the totem pole to place blame. I could literally write a book about how bad this place was. I do not recommend it.

Really need to shake things up. Need to really evaluate executive management not from a annual review basis, but from a peer to peer with their entire team not just executives who are in their bubble. Drastic changes need to be made and you can see that by their rating. I think a new hire team transition phase would help as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.