There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

Be prepared to be shocked!

Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Business Leader in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Decent compensation package - Global brand name - Respected brand name

Cons

- No where close to the Silicon valley culture - Politics is one of the worst. Everyone is out to protect their territory. No one thinks of what is the best for the company. - Managed services model leads to wastage of time and money way more than any other bay area company. - Not a place for "the bright" minded people. Be prepared to become mediocre. - Senior management does not connect with employees/ teams - very silo'ed culture. - Too many project managers and that derails every project you work on. - Too cumbersome a process to deliver anything. amazing nightmare!

Advice to Management

Fix the cons if possible, or you will see bright minds leaving or not joining any more.

Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc.

A very slow death in a museum of dusty relics...

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and bonus plan.

Cons

Filled with a lot of unproductive a** kissers waiting for retirement. Promotions and hirings happen more often than not depending on who you know. The 'old boys' network still exists here. Stay away, unless you want small chunks of your soul chipped away everyday. Office environment is dull and lifeless.

3 jeers for being a consultant with this company

Former Contractor - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA
    Former Contractor - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Faculties were very nice,and pay was solid.

Cons

VERY political as well as un-professional. I came into this position with the highest hopes leaving a Fortune 500 company to take a chance on Visa. While employed I was recognized for my efforts various times which was great, however the atmosphere was HORRIBLE. Very go to your desk and do your work with no real engagement from your peers or leaders. Constantly walking on egg shells when talking to anyone. I felt like I was in high-school again trying to fit in with a group of people that were quite frankly very self absorbed and clicky, but acted like this was a normal thing. Training was very sub-par leaving you to train your self on elements that were very important to your job. While over-achieving in my role I thought this would lead to increased interest in hiring me on full time, but quite the opposite as they tended to over work you and then flush you down the toilet followed by a cycle of fresh contractors to take your place. The executive team as well thought contractors were as one executive said "A waste of fing space" not to mention the fact that various executives literally wanted you to be the stepping stone over puddles on rainy days seeing you as nothing and easily aiming at you as the lowest on the totem pole to place blame. I could literally write a book about how bad this place was. I do not recommend it.

Advice to Management

Really need to shake things up. Need to really evaluate executive management not from a annual review basis, but from a peer to peer with their entire team not just executives who are in their bubble. Drastic changes need to be made and you can see that by their rating. I think a new hire team transition phase would help as well.