Visa Inc.

www.visa.com
  www.visa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

Smart people but w/politics and slow computer systems

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very profitable company, smart people.

Cons

There is a lot of resistance to spending money on headcount or resources even for approved programs. Software to get daily work done is old and management doesn't want to spend the money to get better tools. The typical big company politics slow processes. People fight for funding.

669 Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc. (View Most Recent)

Generally routine job, great people to work with and at the top level good strategy in place.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A satisfaction of a large company with a guaranteed business model and market ownership does make one feel good.

Cons

A lot of employees are quite complacent and are lifers who focus on things other than workplace.

Agility in workplace and continuous challenges are needed, otherwise the place is becoming rapidly like a bureaucracy.

Don't come here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty nice gym on site, offer classes during the lunch hour, great location if you live on the peninsula, amazing brand!

Cons

Poor technology, outdated technology, horrible leadership, fatty executive layer, poor pay when promoted (people need to leave and come back), high attrition rate, nothing changes, can't change anything, red tape everywhere, the cafeteria is food I wouldn't serve my puppy. I couldn't eat downstairs anymore because it was disgusting (and extremely overpriced)! There were gnats in my food on two occasions and they told me they knew of the problem but Visa doesn't do anything. It's really hard to get work done there, cross-functional teams either don't exist or don't work well with each other. Not a collaborative environment at all. Moral is very low. Visa is very cheap, there are no perks there. As mentioned earlier, cafeteria food is gross and overpriced and we are given a beverage card to use in a vending machine to obtain soda. And the only options are Coke, Diet Coke, and black tea. There are no company picnics, events, parties, team builds (except for leadership teams). The culture is horrendous there. Employees can no longer work from home.

Care about your employees. Most employees are proud to work for Visa. It's a successful brand name that people love. The branding and the culture COULD truly be amazing, but Visa is suck in it's ways. The new CEO hasn't done anything to improve life at Visa, putting a sign on a building and removing the requirement to badge out changes nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.