Visa Inc.

www.visa.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

In the Midst of Change

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New CEO seems like he wants to create a better culture for employees
Stock price is at al time high

Cons

New CEO hasn't presented his new strategy for the company
Random layoffs taking place
Rumor that employee rating and bonus' will be lower to cut costs - yet stock price all time high

Present a strategy and realize that there are numerous departments that are not moving forward as they "wait and see" what the direction is

722 Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc. (View Most Recent)

In the midst of change

Current Employee - Senior Director, Finance in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Finance in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Market leader in an industry which is ripe for change. The payments ecosystem is ripe for change and innnovation, and Visa has a brand name and resources to stay relevant for a long time. At times of crisis the strength of the experienced, knowledgeable team creates great solutions.

Cons

The tension, fear, and chaos which a new C-suite brings is in full force. There is a culture of independent silos and risk aversion. Misalignment at the executive level makes for rework and slow decision making.

Focus on a strategy for top line growth, communicate the strategy, then get out of the way.

Miserable and soul destroying

I worked at Visa Inc.

Pros

Good benefits, decent salary, some very decent people, great business.

Cons

The business is very silo'd so some teams are great whilst some teams are miserable. It's hit or miss. This review is only for the Finance organization.

Management openly bragged about how they would get women to resign by making their lives miserable until they couldn't take it anymore. Some managers would use foul language at their direct reports calling them "f@@@ing idiots" and "stupid imbeciles". HR turned a blind eye. Complete lack of mentoring, coaching or succession planning unless you were part of the elite from Ivy League schools. Wish I had the guts to stand up for those who were subjected to the abuse outlined above but I feared for my job. A miserable 5 years of my life until I got up the courage to leave.

Get an external firm to do a proper review of your management practices - they are a mess. Respect your staff. All of them. Diversity is not a dirty word.

There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.