There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

Great company to work for if you can get past the politics

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great pay, some really talented people.

Cons

Lots of politics, nepotism, bureaucracy. Sometimes management can be short sighted and reactionary leading to poor decisions.

603 Other Employee Reviews for Visa Inc. (View Most Recent)

Dearth of Leadership leads to Disorder

Current Employee - Director, Product Management  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Nice Title, Good Salary

Cons

Who's driving the bus? The folks in Sr. Management positions in my division are not leaders. The folks in middle Management who are extremely capable, strategic leaders with staff management/staff development expertise are kept from staff leadership roles. There is little inter-departmental communication. The silo-like environment is remarkable. The teflon-coating each area sports ensures that we spend most time in a reactive, "crisis-junkie" environment, rather than planning where we want to be in 5 years and working together to build that reality. Very depressing to be in a company with so little cooperation and communication. Tough. Not used to "coasting" and didn't realize that's what's expected here. "Just play along."

We love Charlie's talk, especially his theory on how leaders need to lead ... but unless Sr. Management is held accountable to lead the way Charlie suggests ... we will not see the change we so earnestly need.

Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary is decent, the managers aren't that tough on you, management occasionally gives out free pizza and chinese food. Air conditioning, lots of space at your work station

Cons

Very few breaks, only 30 minutes for lunch, can't use negative words to customers on the phone, way to many calls come in during high peak seasons (summer vacation and winter vacation).

Would love for us to be able to be more human with the customers, but I understand that its not managements decision to make, orders com from upstairs...

There are newer employer reviews for Visa Inc.

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!