There are newer employer reviews for Vision Critical

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Vision Critical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, hip, fast-paced. Great people.

Cons

Growing and quickly losing it's family-like atmosphere. At risk of turning into a big organization of cogs in wheels.

Advice to Management

Stay personal with your staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Vision Critical

Innovative Products at the expense of employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Vision Critical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is a toss up depending heavily on the department you end up working for and in which office. The Client Education and Creative Teams have the best cultures hands down because they go out of their to show they value their team members and show they're appreciation. The company is continuously growing, is a pioneer in its space, a visionary, and the brand will definitely help your career in the future.

Cons

There's a very high employee turnover rate due to lack of incentives/rewards to retain stellar talent. No one is paid their worth, and the yearly bonus, which usually works out to about $500/person is a joke. In Toronto, if you work in Operations expect to be tremendously undervalued. Panel Services in Toronto I wouldn't recommend working for at all, as there is a huge amount of internal politics, and promotion is based on if you're in the with popular crowd and favorite. The most respected departments are Research and Market Panels, which are the 2 departments you'll want to work for if you choose to work in the Toronto office and for this company. The average age of an employee is 28, therefore don't consider applying if you're over this age or nearing it, as you'll soon realize you should leave on your own accord to progress in your career and get compensated what your worth and for your talent.

Advice to Management

1. Promote members of your team based on merit NOT favoritism. 2. Pay market value for all employees, when this is a Technology company first, and Research company second. Salaries are well below market value. 3. Offer time off as an incentive to employees who work hard and go 'above and beyond'. 4. Create more transparency as to how decisions are made in departments and across the company. 5. Make credentials of senior management known. 6. Assess job performance based on OBJECTIVE measures NOT subjective measures.

Great company, great people

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Vision Critical as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I met were very welcoming and kind, from the newest hire to the execs. Although I was an intern, I was given plenty of opportunity to give input on projects and ask any questions. I got to work on a variety of things ranging from internal to external projects, which was great experience for me. I became good friends with many of my co-workers and we've continued to keep in touch.

Cons

Like many companies, VC didn't do a great job of onboarding when I first started, but they had identified this as an issue and were taking steps to change that.