Decent place to work new management likes to micromanage

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Vision Solutions

Pros

As a HA solutions provider we get to work with great technology and learn every aspect of the OS.

Cons

Management likes to micromanage. Management also, has their favorites and when their favorites speak the others better not disagree

We do not need to be micromanaged and all of us know what we are talking about

Other Reviews for Vision Solutions

Vision is a dynamically changing company, which is good and bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Vision Solutions

Pros

Innovative technology and engineering, with a broad potential market. Very customer oriented through most of it's history. Good professional atmosphere for employees.

Cons

Acquired by EC firm in 2007 with strategy of growth through acquisition, which created many challenges with consolidation of functional units and shifts in management styles and corp structure.

Go back to being more about the customers. The emphasis has shifted a little too far to profit and eroded the old culture.

An amazing team of smart people working hard towards one dream: deliver the best data protection products.

I have been working at Vision Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-One of the biggest pros is to work with passionate and smart team members who really care about the design,the quality and the overall customer experience.
    -Very strong senior management/ VP of R&D both from a technical standpoint and a human standpoint.
    -Great work-life balance and flexibility in the work schedule, ability to work from home.
    -Playing with the latest technology.
    -Fun work environment.

Cons

-IT and legal departments have been understaffed which created frustrations and project delays in the past.
    -IT policies are sometimes in the way of productivity.

-Simplify the product line and which product to choose from a customer standpoint.

There are newer employer reviews for Vision Solutions.

Worked for Vision Solutions? Contribute to the Community!