Visionworks

Rewarding

Current Employee - Eyewear Specialist
Current Employee - Eyewear Specialist

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

Commission is good to have

Cons

Over priced products may hurt conscience

111 Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks (View Most Recent)

UGH!

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

The ability to interact with different individuals that come from different background situations.

Cons

The unrealistic expectations asked of the employees by Corporate.
    The Open Door Policy is a joke at this company. If someone goes to their supervisor or territory director, people will know in a matter of days who went above the managers head and for what reasons, causing management to treat that particular individual unfairly

I wish the suits would spend time in the stores around the country, not just where their offices are located. In particular spend time at the stores in the North East Region. I think you will find that things aren't quite as okay as they seem.

The cons outweight the pros, Adios Amigos.

Current Employee - Third Key
    Current Employee - Third Key

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

If you love to learn, this is a great place to work. The schedule is very flexible and the coworkers are awesome. It is a high sales environment so the sales training is very useful because you can apply it to many situations. You will become a more persuasive person after working retail at ECCA. You also will have the opportunity to work under a liscenced Optician, and received the credit hours to become one your self. This could be a rewarding career, (outside of ECCA.)

Cons

There are too many vacation black out dates: First three months of the year, Back to school and then the end of the year.

In my territory there was tremendous pressure to hit sales goals, which were unreasonable.

Working full time hours does not mean you are "Fulltime". "Fulltime" employees enjoyed nice medical benefits , while if you work 40 hours a week but are classified as "Part-time" you get rinky dink medical benefit which iare not worth the cost, and no personal days.

Dial up Internet, Dot matrix printers and no web browsers. The company expects us to verify vision plans. We do this by the phone. Most vision plans would rather us do this by internet but we do not have that technology available to us in the store. Sometimes we waste a lot of time on the phone and it adds undue pressure. The Dot Matrix printer gets off line frequently, its garunteed to happen during a rush and adds undue pressure.

Promotions are linked to performance. The only performace metric used is something called the Take 5. It seems like a good idea until you realize that the standards are too high because the average person is not at "Standard" On top of that they often raise the standard and give you a promotion that limits your chances of reaching the standard. So you end up working like a mule chasing a dangling carrot.

Get laser printers,high speed internet and web browsing. This will increase efficiency and customer experience.

You need 360 feedback right away. People closest to the customers are your most valuable. You need that feedback!

The current SERVE should be called SELL. Currently all the focus is on selling and for some reason the logic is that a good sale is what matters most. What happened to Customer Experience? Maybe more training and focus should be on the total customer/patient experience. We need to focus on speed, product knowledge, meeting promise times. PRODUCT QUALITY, proper dispensing , proper troubleshooting of visual problems. SIMPLE PROMOTIONS THAT LEAVE THE CUSTOMER FEELING LIKE WE ARE HONEST.

Marketing Mesage. The marketing message does not align with our goals. If you want the average transaction to be $250 dollars why put a big $99 Next to Visionworks name? To increase traffic right? But, if you average $250, you do not need the traffic that the $99 brings in because those are not the customers that you want to target. There are other ways to increase traffic. I recommend lowering the retail price to bellow competitors and advertising the Lowest Retail Price Walk ut The Door message. Advertise the best VALUE - QUALITY AND PRICE. Advertise the "BEST EXPERIENCE/Selection and Service. Include the warranty, make it 6 months. Promotions should just be coupons "Additional $25 off or $55 off two pair"

To grow customers ECCA must Exhube professionalism, integrity and Value!

Treat your employees fairly! The average employee should get a annual raise and it should be atleast cost of living. I've almost worked two years without a raise and it is demoralizing.

There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks