Old Boys Network

Former Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Visionworks

Pros

For an Old boys network of vp's, the company was extremely progressive with women. I was told by the company president upon recieving my offer "don't think you can just get by around here with your pretty face". Although taken aback a bit, I honestly felt that my VP had my best interests at heart. All of the Vice presidents (there are quite a few) had all worked together at one point - coming from Curcuit City. Even my head hunter had done the same.

Cons

The salary for Eye Doctors was excessively low, and in much smaller towns was extremely difficult to bring doctors on. There were offices that ran for years without eye doctors! There was supposedly a head hunter available, but he never followed up on what he said he would do. Again, one of the Circuit City boys.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the people you place to assist the field are truly doing their job. Just because they were your golden boy at a former job does not make them efficient.

reviews filtered by

management poor...uneducated..unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Visionworks

Pros

the pay is ok for the industry, and benefits were mediocre at best....the company is growing fast and time off flexible

Cons

regional management and upper management are uneducated and unprofessional. they promise a lot at first. worked there for 2 years and still not sure who my boss was?

Advice to Management

slow the growth until your systems catch up. if $$ is all you care about, your care will always be second rate.

2. Now hiring

Current Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

Vision insurance given to all employees within the first week of hire. Good beginner's experience in a sales environment. Fellow employees are respectful and easy to get along with. Receives commission based on sales.

Cons

Management lacks direction and decision making. Customers can be hard to deal with. Hiring process is slow.

Advice to Management

Hire a management team with experience in optics and sales. Also look for leadership and education.