There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks

A very time consuming rollercoaster of changes and retraining on new initiatives.

Current Employee - General Manager/Licensed Optician in Gilbert, AZ
Current Employee - General Manager/Licensed Optician in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

The the medical benefits and base pay are are excellent for Licenses. I personally have an exceptional TD. The company is thriving and growing in a struggling economy. Company changes all positive and potentialy

Cons

Not enough hours/Employees given to free up enough time to properly train/coach/manage. Too many hours necessary to work to properly manage a store. Despite the necessary hours - Not much flexibility regarding the schedule from upper management to take care of unexpected personal life concerns.

Advice to Management

I highly respect the management for my territory and I am excited about the direction the company is taking. My only advice would be: look at the number of hours/employees we had a year ago and just give us back half of those so we could actually "run the sales floor", coach and manage. Instead I am almost always with customers and I have to stay late to complete everything required of me.

Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks

Old Boys Network

Former Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

For an Old boys network of vp's, the company was extremely progressive with women. I was told by the company president upon recieving my offer "don't think you can just get by around here with your pretty face". Although taken aback a bit, I honestly felt that my VP had my best interests at heart. All of the Vice presidents (there are quite a few) had all worked together at one point - coming from Curcuit City. Even my head hunter had done the same.

Cons

The salary for Eye Doctors was excessively low, and in much smaller towns was extremely difficult to bring doctors on. There were offices that ran for years without eye doctors! There was supposedly a head hunter available, but he never followed up on what he said he would do. Again, one of the Circuit City boys.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the people you place to assist the field are truly doing their job. Just because they were your golden boy at a former job does not make them efficient.

management poor...uneducated..unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

the pay is ok for the industry, and benefits were mediocre at best....the company is growing fast and time off flexible

Cons

regional management and upper management are uneducated and unprofessional. they promise a lot at first. worked there for 2 years and still not sure who my boss was?

Advice to Management

slow the growth until your systems catch up. if $$ is all you care about, your care will always be second rate.