Visionworks

www.visionworks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks

Has the potential for career growth for right candidate, good company, good field, pay is fair.

Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

Optical retailing is a good field. You are driving a business at the same time you are truly helping people. You can do retail, helping people with their eyeglasses or Lab. They make the glasses. No holiday hours.

Cons

The company really controls payroll. Its cool from a hourly perspective however from a management position, you work very hard. This may be the norm in this day but I remember just 2 years ago I had 20% more hours yo work with.

Instead of cutting payroll to drive OI, lets use it to build our revenue. You had would have to have a high level of accountability to make it work but I know it would.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks (View Most Recent)

...It was a job

Former Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Visionworks

Pros

Lots of new experiences; different personalities mean that although you'll repeat the same process, you'll never repeat the same DAY, if that makes any sense. Consulting with many different kinds of people, diverse products that allow you to meet needs and wants at the same time, and quite easily. Good commissions.

Cons

NEVER get a weekend off. I repeat, you NEVER get a weekend off. In your interview however, they will say that you will get every other weekend off. It's almost impossible to get a day off, only to get to work on the day you requested to find that a coworker called in 5 minutes before their shift. Favoritism; suck-ups get promoted whether they're equipped for the job or not, and if they favor you over another employee, they will let bothersome employees leave early and require you to stay late. Five minutes before the end of EVERY shift, you will hear this infamous question: "Do you think you can stay a little late?" If you say "No", you will be mistreated for days thereafter for opting to work your scheduled hours instead of working someone else's. Sales quotas aren't necessarily hard to meet for a full time employee, however the amount of time they're repeated to you and intimidation tactics create unnecessary stress for employees. Coworkers will let you go through the entire process of consulting with a customer, telling them about upsells and convincing them to get them, and creating trust - and then steal that customer the moment you leave the floor. Zero scheduling flexibility, even if you have a disability of some sort, like a transportation issue or a public transit situation that could impact your safety (ie. needing to clock out before dark to make your commute, or at least to clock out before 11PM :-|) Needs a technology upgrade.

Your experience at Eyemasters depends ENTIRELY on the manager that you have.

I lovingly referred to this job as "The Eyewear Sweatshop"

Don't require more of a good employee in order to accept less from a bad employee. Streamline expectations. Encourage employees rather than intimidate them.

Ok

Current Employee - General Manager/Licensed Optician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager/Licensed Optician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

Company gives great tools and skills that can be taken to any company or any product.

Cons

Company focuses on kpi as reasons for advancement, however best fit person may or may not have best kpis.

There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks