There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks

Life at Visionworks tends to be filled with unnecessary stress.

Former Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Mankato, MN
Former Employee - Eyewear Specialist in Mankato, MN

I worked at Visionworks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally speaking, the coworkers I worked with were all pretty good.

Cons

Upper management does not know how to actually run a company well and make life easy and good for the employees. They stubbornly stick with specials that get the most amount of ridicule from the customers, making life for the employees all the more frustrating.

Instead of just looking for customer reviews on everything, I would suggest asking the employees how things could be done better. There is almost zero feedback asked of the employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. happy for 4 years until sales assoc. were moved

Current Employee - Optometrist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Optometrist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Visionworks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

independent, good compensation,good professional equipment

Cons

poor management, no input from doctor,different sales personal every day

doctorbymore input

2. This company seems to be moving in a positive direction.

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Visionworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, includes free Vision and glasses for every family member on the dental or medical. This company listens, or at least really tries to, the President of the company had a sit down meeting in pretty small groups that we were familiar with and asked us what they could be doing to make it a more "employee friendly" environment,. There was not anyone director or above so we felt comfortable really discussing with the president our issues and needs. Then they actually implemented several ideas, such as, information sessions about your health insurance, and one for your 401k, etc. The company is pretty eager to engage the workforce and community. There are several give back programs, the United Way is company backed while there is a group of people who, of their own free will, donate their lunch hour every few days or so to do "Meals on Feet," the first Meals on Wheals route that is on foot due to the downtown location. So yeah, sometimes it gets all corporatey and there are some DEFINITE "Office Space" moments, but really, isn't that everywhere. The important part is that the people enjoy the in between, and I do.

Cons

My issues are really the same issues that you might find in any bureaucratic situation, corporate double speak, and if you aren't very good with spin you may have a few problems.

Please remember that you are setting the example, your bad habits are learned by your subordinates and your achievements set the bar.

There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks