Visionworks

There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks

Mostly content with ECCA

Current Employee - District Technical Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - District Technical Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Visionworks

Pros

I have been with ECCA for almost 17 years and I've had the oppurtunity to try multiple jobs. Even when I didn't do a great job in retail, I was allowed to change to lab without the threat of counseling or termination. Now I'm incredibly happy with what I do.

Cons

In certain markets that ECCA is in, if you want to advance, you would have to relocate. Also, I travel extensively for ECCA and in doing so, I feel that I am not fairly compensated for being away from my family and my own store.

Communicate more with the people at the store level. Many times, they don't know what direction the company is headed.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Visionworks (View Most Recent)

This job will make you ready for anything!

I have been working at Visionworks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a great career if that's what what you want to do with it. It is also a great part time job where you can transfer the skills to any other job. You meet great people every day and work with them as well. You are constantly learning new things so that it is always interesting and never boring! New training programs in place make the process easier and transparent.

Cons

Constant "stretch goals" can make it frustrating to keep achieving more and more. Although the culture is about "behaviors" it is like any corporate company where the bottom line is the most imprtant thing.

Follow through with what you say you will do.

No infastructure. Impossible goals. No focus on store operations.

I worked at Visionworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The customers are great and there are many training materials that teach new people about optics.

Cons

Low pay at all store levels, old computer systems, confusing pricing for customers. The only thing the company cares about are sales goals, although they claim they want the best customer experience. Only if that means making sure the customers are buying all premium products.

Quit promoting a bait and switch ad that brings customers in the store for 100.00 and leaving paying 500.00. You are only increasing the customer buying cycle at a time when you are in a situation company wide where you are not seeing as many customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Visionworks