They are a great team to work with.

Current Employee - In Home Caregiver  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - In Home Caregiver in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Visiting Angels for more than a year

Pros

The office staff are pleasant and very friendly people.

Cons

They don't always have permanent full time availability. No benefits offered.

They are a great company to work for, however full time is only based on 2 4 hour clients cases. Sometimes the client moves or passes away and then you wait for a new case. It's the waiting period.

Other Reviews for Visiting Angels

Worst job ever

Current Employee - CNA  in  Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - CNA in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Visiting Angels part-time for less than a year

Pros

Having flexible hours could have been the only pro about this job. being able to work whatever hours

Cons

Having CNA giving medicine that is against the law when questioned about it they said there is a gray area that allows them to give meds...aka as long as they dont get in trouble the are ok.. They had us taking care of total care PT by our self with out any help lifting them, hurt my back on a cllient.. THe pay is shitty, they dont care about anyone but making money.. They need to think twice about what they are doing before someone gets hurt or looses their life.

maybe you should close your doors before someone gets hurts

Ok, but I was expected to do a lot of things that were beyond my scope of practice.

Current Employee - In Home Caregiver  in  Pagosa Springs, CO
    Current Employee - In Home Caregiver in Pagosa Springs, CO

I have been working at Visiting Angels part-time for less than a year

Pros

I met some really nice people and they were generally fun to work with. I was able to have a flexible schedule with them while I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do school wise and career wise. They were willing to pay for mileage over 15 miles.

Cons

Management lets a lot of things slide that should be prevented... Even for a company who says they are non-medical, I was expected to administer medications (although they say it wasn't administering, but I know the difference since I administered meds at a facility where it was medical).
    They managed to get away with not paying overtime and in order to keep clients, they are willing to pay the caregiver less money so they have more business. At one point, I had a client who was at a high care level sneak their 3 week old nephew to stay with them and the caregivers were to take care of both of them. Some of the hardest work nights of my life!
    When I was first hired they pushed me to work with a man who abused his caregivers and pretended that he didn't know what was going on. The owner of the company often visited him and knew that he did it! In the end, I told them I never wanted to work with him again. And even though he treats his caregivers that way, he is still a client working with young women to care for him!

Talk to your staff and investigate your clients more! It's hard only communicating over the phone and over email!

There are newer employer reviews for Visiting Angels.

Worked for Visiting Angels? Contribute to the Community!