Visiting Angels

www.visitingangels.com
  www.visitingangels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Visiting Angels

It is great to have more than just a professional relationship with the office staff. They are like family.

Current Employee - Care Giver in Kirkland, WA
Current Employee - Care Giver in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Visiting Angels

Pros

Flexible hours and locations of the cities you would be willing to travel too. Starting pay is pretty descent. I love my job and enjoy meeting new people and learning about my clients. You become family to them, and build a strong bond with your clients, that makes going to work seem more like you are visiting family. They recently started having classes, and information available to read and take a short test on. It is a good way to 'freshen up' on skills that you may not use everyday, or even for a long time. I really enjoy furthering my knowledge and reviewing important information.

Cons

Benefits. I dont understand how to be eleigible for benefits, and what all is covered. There really isnt any downsides working for this company. The more flexible in hours you are available, the easier it is to get a client. If your availability is very limited, dont count on getting anything right away. The shifts are based on what the client needs, not what the caregiver is available for, which is very fair.

More communication would be great between the office staff. More information available to the caregivers when they are called to go to a new client permanently and/or as a fill in would be nice. There have been a few times I have filled in for another caregiver and was given very limited information about the client. This makes it difficult and stressful for the client, as they should feel at ease that the caregiver knows the basics of what is needed. Or have detailed plan of care available in the notebooks for these situations. It would be helpful to have a routine written down of what works for the client, for the caregiver to go by. Whether this is planned by the client, or by a previous caregiver, that worked well for the client. It makes less room for error and complications and miscommunications.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Visiting Angels (View Most Recent)

I love working with my client, my interactions with some of the management has been less than encouraging

Current Employee - Home Maker Companion in Brookfield, CT
    Current Employee - Home Maker Companion in Brookfield, CT

I have been working at Visiting Angels

Pros

I have one client at the moment and really enjoy working for her and feel I make a difference in her life.

Cons

I started work and only had a partial orientation. I'm still not totally clear on what management wants and sometimes my interaction with my supervisor over the phone feels quite critical when I'm trying to do my best for my client and the company

I made it clear when I started that I would need time to care for my children, getting them to doctors appts and such. When I need time to do that there seems to be a problem with me taking the time.

I really love the elderly, so I was looking for a job where I could help them, and I found it with Visiting Angels

Current Employee - Caregiver in Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Visiting Angels

Pros

You do not go to an office and check in, you go directly to the home of the person you care for, your day is always different at least mine is. I adore my client, and it really brings a meaning to my day at work, I dont even call it work, I feel like Im going to just help someone out that cant do the things they used to. I Love my job.

Cons

I do not have any.

There are newer employer reviews for Visiting Angels