There are newer employer reviews for Visiting Angels

I appreciate having a job with meaning that has a health plan and retirement matching plan.

Current Employee - Care-giver in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Care-giver in Portland, OR

Pros

Flexibility, the schedulers work hard to place us with people whose personalities are compatible with ours. They understand if you find a particular situation isn't working. They adapt their expectations each term to fit my schedule - and I can study while working a night shift.

Cons

Well, I'd like to be paid more. I think I'm worth it! But as a temporary job (over 3 years now) while going to school it has been one of the best jobs I could have. You do occasionally get placed with difficult people, but that is a normal part of a care-giving job.

Other Employee Reviews for Visiting Angels

1. I love it and the owner is super and understanding

Current Employee - Caregiver in York, PA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in York, PA

Pros

Assisting and keeping the elderly in their own homes for as long as possible, I love caring for the elderly thats my calling.

Cons

sometimes to many favorites certain people are placed on a job first just because they will work every week-end and holiday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent performanceby owner office staff and excellent care given to our elderly in York County, York Pennsylvania

2. It is great to have more than just a professional relationship with the office staff. They are like family.

Current Employee - Care Giver in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Care Giver in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Flexible hours and locations of the cities you would be willing to travel too. Starting pay is pretty descent. I love my job and enjoy meeting new people and learning about my clients. You become family to them, and build a strong bond with your clients, that makes going to work seem more like you are visiting family. They recently started having classes, and information available to read and take a short test on. It is a good way to 'freshen up' on skills that you may not use everyday, or even for a long time. I really enjoy furthering my knowledge and reviewing important information.

Cons

Benefits. I dont understand how to be eleigible for benefits, and what all is covered. There really isnt any downsides working for this company. The more flexible in hours you are available, the easier it is to get a client. If your availability is very limited, dont count on getting anything right away. The shifts are based on what the client needs, not what the caregiver is available for, which is very fair.

Advice to Management

More communication would be great between the office staff. More information available to the caregivers when they are called to go to a new client permanently and/or as a fill in would be nice. There have been a few times I have filled in for another caregiver and was given very limited information about the client. This makes it difficult and stressful for the client, as they should feel at ease that the caregiver knows the basics of what is needed. Or have detailed plan of care available in the notebooks for these situations. It would be helpful to have a routine written down of what works for the client, for the caregiver to go by. Whether this is planned by the client, or by a previous caregiver, that worked well for the client. It makes less room for error and complications and miscommunications.