Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado

www.vnacolorado.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado

Great people to work with

Current Employee - Homemaker in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Homemaker in Denver, CO

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employees are caring people; you can drop your clients if you don't mesh well with them; part time or full time job

Cons

pay is low; some clients are too demanding; drive time/mileage reimbursment only counts between clients

Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado Response

Jun 18, 2015 – President & CEO

Thank you for your insight. It is difficult to be able to serve our clients who are ill and underserved. We appreciate all our employees and their dedication to this industry. .

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Environment

I have been working at Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado full-time

Pros

Positive outlook, appreciation for their employees, friendly coworkers, despite the fact that they are non-profit-they try to give as much as they can to their employees, new CEO seems very good so far, good management/leadership

Cons

Non that I see so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

2. RN Case Management

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado

Pros

Good orientation. Keep busy, supportive field staff. Holidays worked, pay is decent.

Cons

Low pay, no raise no interest or little interest in employee retention. Poor yearly evaluations, they do not accurately weigh your talents/strengths or willingness to work more than 8 hours a day. many hours are uncompensated with documentation while not in the field, both before and after work hours . Some days work 12 hours, but not compensated for extra hours needed to do the job correctly. Managers are not available when you need them, They are over worked and stretched to the max.

Advice to Management

Pay scale needs to keep up with the Denver market, This is one of the lowest paying Home care companies in the Denver area. Many Process in the office are broken and fragmented. Scheduling dept is not very organized. People are nice, but the Process needs a lot of improvement. Hire enough people to take care of our aging and then ill population. The focus needs to be more about quality of care, not just numbers. Retention of employees is lacking.