Vista Community Clinic

www.vistacommunityclinic.org

Vista Community Clinic has a big heart for its patients and employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vista, CA

ProsVista Community Clinic's roots began 40 years ago when a group of volunteers saw a need in the community to provide quality, affordable health care for those who did not have access to good health care. The clinic first opened its doors in rented space at the local dog pound. Over the past four decades, the clinic has grown to five locations in Vista and Oceanside. The new Women's Center at Vale Terrace opens in January, 2012. One of the reasons why I like working with Vista Community Clinic is because the clinic gives free medical and dental visits to the homeless. I want to work at a company that isn't profit driven, but cares about making a difference in people's lives. Patients appreciate us and are happy we're in the neighborhood. Anybody may walk through our door, but we focus on providing care to those who are facing tough times, either financially, socially or culturally. And in this economic climate, who isn't facing tough times? I like working for a company that strives to make a positive impact on its community. Vista Community Clinic is here for those who lose their health insurance due to a job loss, divorce or other event. At some point in life, most people experience a loss or interruption of health insurance and it's a scary time. Vista Community Clinic also helps patients enroll in public assistance programs. I like working for a company that is community-oriented. The clinic doesn't discriminate. Patients will find many different programs available, such as HIV testing and AIDS programs, cyber education for teens, alcohol, tobacco and drug prevention programs, programs for keeping kids healthy, maternal and child care, a diabetes program and several others. One of the best reasons I like working at Vista Community Clinic is interacting with patients. How many people get to hold babies on the job!? It's so cool!

ConsWe see over 57,000 patients a year and our days are busy, every minute. It's never boring! But it can be tiring. The workload is always heavy and there is never a shortage of sick people needing help, re-assurance or comfort. I think the staff is gracious to patients. I've been a patient myself and Iiked how the medical assistant checked in with me to give me the ETA of the doctor, who was running late because he was giving extra time to a patient who needed him. One of the downsides of working here has been the parking situation because of construction. However, that problem is now being remedied with a new parking structure and we're excited about that.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to always have an open channel of communication. Communication is key. Be open to suggestions and feedback, listen to employees, have an open forum of a 2-way conversation. Keep employees in the loop regarding important developments within the organization.

Room for improvement, vast improvement

Manager (Current Employee) Vista, CA

I have been working at Vista Community Clinic

Pros: With a turnover rate of 28% in 2007 and Upper Management (Directors) proud of the fact that turnover decreased to 20% in 2008, it is… Cons: Pay is one of the first things that comes to mind as a downside to working with the organization. Upper Management rationalizes this as being… Advice to Senior Management: Actually listen to what employees have to say and not have findings from surveys, which seem not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

FAIR

I have been working at Vista Community Clinic

Pros: Vista community Clinic provides opportunities to grow, they serve the low income community and they have many programs available,reasonable prices for visits and medication. VCC… Cons: Unfortunately this clinic hires a lot of family!!!! In one department you can find someone who is related to atleast 1 person!! This has been… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vista Community Clinic.

Worked for Vista Community Clinic? Contribute to the Community!