Great coworkers, loved my job.

Former Employee - Patient Access Coordinator  in  Waukegan, IL
Former Employee - Patient Access Coordinator in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Vista Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Location, was close to home.

Cons

Pay not so great after being there 21 years.

Realize who your valuable employees are.

Other Reviews for Vista Health System

Toxic environment, dangerous hospital, money-hungry CEO doesn't care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukegan, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Vista Health System full-time

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Vista? That's a joke. I was given the opportunity on more than one occasion to practice things way outside of my approved scope. The hospital is great to learn, because they're so constantly understaffed, corners will be cut to save time. Some of my coworkers were fantastic, but it's a very back-stabbing, gossipy environment. If you aren't "in" with the right people of power, then it's not an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Too many to list. Seeing the ER staffed with THREE nurses and ONE doctor on a busy overnight shift is too common, and such a liability. Patient's suffer, having to wait hours to be seen by anyone. The equipment is antiquated and outdated, most of which is broken. Morale is so low, it's just sad. That hospital works the "good" staff to the bone, and ends up chasing away the good people. Turnover is high. There have been patient-on-patient and patient-on-staff batteries in the ER that should NEVER have happened, yet it continues. The security is a joke, they hire all these young, inexperienced people who really have no place working security. All concerns and complaints are overlooked. Barb Martin, the CEO, could care less about her employees. Her only concern is her paycheck. The staff is so grossly overworked and underpaid it's ridiculous. Promising bonuses for covering extra shifts and then never paying them out is commonplace. DO NOT work here. Ever. And do not take your family here to be treated, it's not safe.

My advice to upper management would be to LISTEN. Actually get up off your ass and go to the units to see what the hell is really going on. That hospital is a mess, and nothing changes. Everyone is so reactive. I wish it was more of a proactive environment. It took the death of a baby to get Lurie Children's hospitalists in house 24/7. It took a psych patient battering an elderly patient to get security posted in the ER 24/7 (which still rarely happens.) It's a despicable place to work for; upper management is amazing at turning a blind eye.

Called Insurance company's and fixed CPT codes

Current Employee - Ar Clerk  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Ar Clerk in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Vista Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

people that worked there were nice

Cons

company had no training program

There are newer employer reviews for Vista Health System.

Worked for Vista Health System? Contribute to the Community!