Vistage International

There are newer employer reviews for Vistage International

Heavy Email Culture, quaint workplace environment

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Vistage International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Go-getters stand out like a sore thumb
HR team does a fabulous job of assessing individual strengths and providing top leadership resources to learn; Transitions into other careers are rare though.

Cons

Since primary communication method more people are included on email chains than necessary
Although $2000 tuition reimbursement is available, some skills and certification courses not paid for by the company

46 Other Employee Reviews for Vistage International (View Most Recent)

The most meaningful chapter in my Book called Life.

Current Employee - Group Chairman in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Group Chairman in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

The Vistage culture focuses on personal growth and discovery which is very important to me. I am mentoring the both young and old business leaders which demands more of me as I assist the cross-section of America's small to mid size business leaders.

Cons

The mission statement requires (at least to me) that I am responsible for creating a safe, honest and rich meeting enviroment month after month and year after year. Having 14 to 18 business owners, presidents and CEOs in the moment both in body and mind takes a lot of effort on my part. One-to-one coaching sessions are very meaningful to the members because they see me as their accountability coach.

1. Keep focousing on enriching the experience for our members and 2. Look for the tipping point that will explode our brand as a leading indicator for business success.

Too many chiefs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Vistage International

Pros

Exposure to best practices in business through speakers and chairs; a sense of mission among employees. It's a people-driven business.

Cons

Massively dysfunctional place. Chief officers in every department, competing for scarce resources and to protect their fiefdoms. Hierarchical top-down model that was cutting edge in 1957.

Do something truly innovative. Trust your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistage International