Vistaprint

www.vistaprint.com
  www.vistaprint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint

Great opportunity to learn and contribute with work life balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lexington, MA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee development - There is a tremendous focus on employee development and employee retention. If you have feedback to make your job more interesting or relevant, your manager will work very hard to make that happen because attrition in the e-commerce industry is high. It is mandatory that you have weekly 1 on 1's with your manager and it is very common to have development meetings (just talk about how you are growing, how your projects fit into your future plan, what skills you are developing) monthly.

Smart people - I struggled with the hierarchy of "top talent" and "everyone else" at my prior company and it is really refreshing to work at a place where everyone is really smart, ambitious and moving up quickly. People are really generous with their time and it is very easy to find mentors.

Valuable work - The work you do is both highly valuable to yourself, Vistaprint and pretty much anyone else out there after you leave. It is actually encouraged to push back on analytics requests and ask how projects will add value to the company. It is incredibly easy to move across analytics functions.

What's next - While obviously a sensitive area, the outside respect for Vistaprint analysts really validates your decision to work here. Recent analysts have left for McKinsey, Facebook, CoGo labs (incubator), Wayfair (e-commerce company), a pHD at Duke, Cornell Law, and creating a start-up that was backed by a VC.

Cons

Cons – Old Vistaprint - There are so many pieces of the site that were built quickly and with a focus on quick revenue and not long term customer value. While that has changed, we are only on a long road and it can be hard to overlook ugly designs and a site that looks dated, which takes a lot of time to fix.

Expanding size - We will hit a billion dollar company that year and that means the hyper growth is hard to maintain with that there is more of a separation between leadership decisions and you.

Limited access to external consultants - While functionally almost impossible to differentiate from consulting, your clients are entirely internal. This can be beneficial because there are fewer of those high-stress, needs to be done today type deals but has some drawbacks in terms of extending your network.

I am hearing too much "they" and not enough "we." The company is amazing and I think we have good transparency but not as much as there was before.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Vistaprint (View Most Recent)

Great people, tremendous opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Vistaprint is everything I hoped it would be and more. From the people I'm surrounded by to the work itself, I am impressed and challenged every day. It is a "work hard, play hard" culture for sure, and the amount of smart, talented individuals I see here are truly a tribute to Vistaprint's growing success. Not only is the company growing, but its employees are as well. Being a recent graduate, it is the ideal environment where I can develop my career and explore a multitude of avenues within the company.

Cons

I'm a contract employee, and I wish it was full-time!

World-class company w/ tremendous growth potential

Current Employee - Confidential in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Investment in employees * Learning and growth * W/L balance * Great products * Tremendous growth in profit ($55M in 2004 - $1B in 2012) * Smart people * Fun culture

Cons

The free food selection is limited to fruit, goldfish, soda, coffee, juice and snacks. The food truck doesn't come often enough and the on-site gym is a little small. It'll be nice when the new game room is finished. I got sunburned eating lunch on the rooftop balcony the other day.

Keep creating cross-functional learning opportunities for greater collaboration organization-wide.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint