Vistaprint

careers.vistaprint.com

Great opportunity to learn and contribute with work life balance

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Lexington, MA

ProsEmployee development - There is a tremendous focus on employee development and employee retention. If you have feedback to make your job more interesting or relevant, your manager will work very hard to make that happen because attrition in the e-commerce industry is high. It is mandatory that you have weekly 1 on 1's with your manager and it is very common to have development meetings (just talk about how you are growing, how your projects fit into your future plan, what skills you are developing) monthly.

Smart people - I struggled with the hierarchy of "top talent" and "everyone else" at my prior company and it is really refreshing to work at a place where everyone is really smart, ambitious and moving up quickly. People are really generous with their time and it is very easy to find mentors.

Valuable work - The work you do is both highly valuable to yourself, Vistaprint and pretty much anyone else out there after you leave. It is actually encouraged to push back on analytics requests and ask how projects will add value to the company. It is incredibly easy to move across analytics functions.

What's next - While obviously a sensitive area, the outside respect for Vistaprint analysts really validates your decision to work here. Recent analysts have left for McKinsey, Facebook, CoGo labs (incubator), Wayfair (e-commerce company), a pHD at Duke, Cornell Law, and creating a start-up that was backed by a VC.

ConsCons – Old Vistaprint - There are so many pieces of the site that were built quickly and with a focus on quick revenue and not long term customer value. While that has changed, we are only on a long road and it can be hard to overlook ugly designs and a site that looks dated, which takes a lot of time to fix.

Expanding size - We will hit a billion dollar company that year and that means the hyper growth is hard to maintain with that there is more of a separation between leadership decisions and you.

Limited access to external consultants - While functionally almost impossible to differentiate from consulting, your clients are entirely internal. This can be beneficial because there are fewer of those high-stress, needs to be done today type deals but has some drawbacks in terms of extending your network.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am hearing too much "they" and not enough "we." The company is amazing and I think we have good transparency but not as much as there was before.

World-class company w/ tremendous growth potential

Confidential (Current Employee) Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time for less than a year

Pros: Investment in employees * Learning and growth * W/L balance * Great products * Tremendous… Cons: The free food selection is limited to fruit, goldfish, soda, coffee, juice and snacks. The food truck doesn't come often enough and the on-site gym… Advice to Senior Management: Keep creating cross-functional learning opportunities for greater collaboration organization-wide. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent company in many ways. Not for independent thinkers.

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great get it done, do it now attitude. Very open… Cons: Unless your are VP or higher independent thinking is heavily… Advice to Senior Management: Fix the culture of punishing people for expressing ideas, and the culture of reporting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vistaprint.

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!