A workplace with opportunities but also downsides

Former Employee - Acquisition Marketing  in  Barcelona (Spain)
Former Employee - Acquisition Marketing in Barcelona (Spain)

I worked at Vistaprint

Pros

To learn about Performance Marketing, be in international company, the location and opportunities to work and live in Barcelona

Cons

- 2 class employees
- often unfair career advancements
- company does not keep its word
- bad processes for employees

Stop treating employees who haven't worked in the U.S before as second class. Improve processes and stop demanding 50 work hours when you only pay 40.

Other Reviews for Vistaprint

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Growth:
    There's a great deal of talented engineers that work here. Getting in touch with the right people will open up opportunities for a great advancement in your career. Many people are very friendly and approachable.

In my specific case, I had a team that really cared for me. They made sure I wasn't working long hours and made sure that I was comfortable with the amount of work I was being given. I'm sure that if I asked for more or less work they would've made that adjustment for me.

Work/Life balance:
    Being an intern, I was tied to a 40-hour work week, but I do know that some salaried members would go over that time in order to meet deadlines. I'm sure the balance is variable among teams, but I had an overall good experience with the balance.

Culture:
    As an intern, I had the opportunity to meet many of the executives at Vistaprint, as well as partake in various intern events that were quite fun. We even had an opportunity to see one of their manufacturing plants!

There's weekly happy hours known as "The View", where employees can get together and relax once the week is finally coming to a close.

I like the direction that the company is taking. I'm excited to see the changes that are being made and the reasoning behind these changes. Re-organizations also mean that teams will be more tight-knit than what they were before, which will allow them to better collaborate. This will in turn increase efficiency of all members across the board.

Cons

Upper Management:
    There needs to be a closer tie between upper management and developers. Although there are attempts to be on the same page about progress on various projects, I believe that a little more effort can be made. However, it does seem like the company in general is moving in a direction that will make it easier for these parties to interact, which is great.

Take a look at who isn't pulling their own weight. Micro-managing isn't a good thing, but sometimes it's necessary to step in to make sure that you have an idea of what's actually going on.

Great place to learn

I worked at Vistaprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are definitely competitive salaries at all levels of the organization. Other employees are super smart and willing to help.

Vistaprint is an amazing place to work right out of college because there is a ton of opportunity to learn.

Benefits are awesome. Like, super awesome. 10 weeks 100% paid maternity leave; plenty of PTO; great insurance; great work/life balance.

The current building is nice but the new building will be even better!

Cons

There are a lot of early 20-somethings with limited experience managing both people and products which leads to questionable decisions. It seems that management has recognized this, though, and the tide is changing.

The back end of the website is dated and overly complex. There is a tendency to build and then not tend to the code and not extend the learning once the developer who has created the tool or code has left the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint.

Worked for Vistaprint? Contribute to the Community!