Vistaprint

www.vistaprint.com
  www.vistaprint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint

Great company to work at, not much work life balance.

Former Employee - Recruiting in Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Recruiting in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with the brightest people of my career. Great location, good management in general, and the leadership from the top was fabulous.

Cons

They didn't understand why I did not choose to have a nanny to help take care of my kids. I was in middle management, and the time demands were very high, so I ultimately left because of it.

Be open to hiring outside the box. I saw some super talent not get hired because they failed the Train Test.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Vistaprint (View Most Recent)

Too many politics - too many decisions being made by a few individuals in ivory tower

Current Employee - Finance Professional in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Finance Professional in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free Beer. Free Food. Many great people to work with

Cons

Exceptionally poorly managed business. Decisions made far away from those who do the 'on the ground research'. Many poor investments affecting company financially. Far too much bureaucracy. Terrible work/life balance. What you put in is not what you get out. No job security. Constant feeling of uncertainty and constant changes in org structure leads to lack of consistent strategy execution and many missed opportunities.

Delegate authority. Stop making all the decisions from ivory tower - put trust in your managers.

Great opportunity to learn and contribute with work life balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee development - There is a tremendous focus on employee development and employee retention. If you have feedback to make your job more interesting or relevant, your manager will work very hard to make that happen because attrition in the e-commerce industry is high. It is mandatory that you have weekly 1 on 1's with your manager and it is very common to have development meetings (just talk about how you are growing, how your projects fit into your future plan, what skills you are developing) monthly.

Smart people - I struggled with the hierarchy of "top talent" and "everyone else" at my prior company and it is really refreshing to work at a place where everyone is really smart, ambitious and moving up quickly. People are really generous with their time and it is very easy to find mentors.

Valuable work - The work you do is both highly valuable to yourself, Vistaprint and pretty much anyone else out there after you leave. It is actually encouraged to push back on analytics requests and ask how projects will add value to the company. It is incredibly easy to move across analytics functions.

What's next - While obviously a sensitive area, the outside respect for Vistaprint analysts really validates your decision to work here. Recent analysts have left for McKinsey, Facebook, CoGo labs (incubator), Wayfair (e-commerce company), a pHD at Duke, Cornell Law, and creating a start-up that was backed by a VC.

Cons

Cons – Old Vistaprint - There are so many pieces of the site that were built quickly and with a focus on quick revenue and not long term customer value. While that has changed, we are only on a long road and it can be hard to overlook ugly designs and a site that looks dated, which takes a lot of time to fix.

Expanding size - We will hit a billion dollar company that year and that means the hyper growth is hard to maintain with that there is more of a separation between leadership decisions and you.

Limited access to external consultants - While functionally almost impossible to differentiate from consulting, your clients are entirely internal. This can be beneficial because there are fewer of those high-stress, needs to be done today type deals but has some drawbacks in terms of extending your network.

I am hearing too much "they" and not enough "we." The company is amazing and I think we have good transparency but not as much as there was before.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint