Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Lexington, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, fast-paced, young, friendly, growing

Cons

Limited resources so projects often don't get completed.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on business cards. We know we're a public company and need to meet our projections but what are we going to do when the digital age fully takes over?

Other Employee Reviews for Vistaprint

Vistaprint is a high growth company with lots of potential, but severe leadership challenges

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many very, very smart people to work with. Lots of innovative work to do. Huge market potential. Competitive salaries.

Cons

Constant reorganization (every couple of months) results in chaos and low morale. People don't know what their job will be next month, or in some cases, whether it will even still be there after the next reorg. Lack of strategic focus causes too much turmoil. No sooner does the executive team finally announce a 3-5 year strategy than it goes out the window so we can work on short-term revenue initiatives. The board needs to spin off a startup to give to the current CEO, who is a startup CEO (he founded the company). Great guy, great startup CEO, but he is not capable of running a multi-billion dollar company -- his attention span is too short.

Advice to Management

Focus, focus, focus.

2. An incredible place to grow, learn and change the world!

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clear strategy, direction and guiding principles. Strong culture of performance in which people are measured and held accountable. As long as they execute, company is well positioned for success.

Cons

It's not as easy to move the company as it once was, nor are the mechanisms in place to stay small while the company gets big. Strong bias to action in culture is important -- don't let it get lost in decision paralysis.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people. Make sure that the culture doesn't change as the people do.