There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint

Company invested in growth of young, talented employees

Current Employee - Marketing Senior Specialist in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Senior Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vistaprint is invested in retaining and growing talent. You will be surrounded by great minds!

Cons

The company is getting larger quickly, which risks a slower pace of change (albeit still relatively fast)

reviews filtered by

Playing favorites causes low morale

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people, free drinks, work/life balance if you have proven yourself, IT team is helpful

Cons

A lot of poor managers, nonperformers are kept around too long, promotions come frequently for some (and not always on merit), management doesn't have a good handle on what is going on at the mid and lower levels, morale seems the lowest it has been since I've been at the company

Advice to Management

Communicate better with your team. Check in once in a while at the morale rather than waiting until someone leaves to take a pulse.

Great company. Challenging culture.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful campus with state of the art tools to work with. Great opportunities for the right person and the pay is good. Very successful company with few layoffs. Benefits are very good and they have a nice program that gives employees a 5 week "break" after they've worked there for 5 years. This is in addition to regular vacation time so it's really a sweet deal if you hang in there that long. They have a solid sales record and are constantly improving and building on their product line.

Cons

During my tenure there I witnessed a lot of turnover. The company was still fairly young and roles and responsibilities were shifting constantly. This created considerable tension in many areas within the company and corporate politics were an ever present dark cloud overhead. They also used a 360º Review process that allowed anyone to submit feedback for any fellow employee. Not good in a politically charged environment where many individuals were competing for the opportunity to move up. I suspect others would paint a brighter picture of life there and I suspect others would paint a darker one but I would go in knowing that there will be politics, be absolutely sure you're fully ready to hit the deck running and expect your job to change regularly.

Advice to Management

The 360º review process was causing undue friction and was also a 3 month process that cost the company much time and, I suspect, a few good employees. Take a good hard look at what it is really doing for the company and either modify it or stop using it.