There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint

Smart people, but too much process and hidden politics

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart people. If you're analytical and data driven, you'll get exposed to lots of new ways of looking at the business. Free drinks and food every Friday afternoon.

Cons

Too much process in everything. Even something as simple as filling out an employee survey has a process that you must follow for completing the survey. Great for young people that haven't been exposed to other company cultures. Not so great if you have any enterpreneurial inclinations or like to do things fast.

The hidden politics were unbelieveable. It was like a soap opera with people complaining to senior managers about another person without discussing the issues with that person first. With all these smart people there were also lots of high maintenance personalities.

Be open to evolving the culture and changing the senior managers that have been there forever.

reviews filtered by

A sheep in wolf's clothing

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart people. Entrepreneurial atmosphere. Free beer and pizza on Fridays. Cool marketing.

Cons

The poster child for The Peter Principle. Too many people hired who are not trained or capable of being effective managers/leaders. Lot of turnover, which management seems oblivious to.

Come down from the glass tower, breath the air, and remind yourself that happy employees will translate to happy shareholders. Invest money in upgrading the internal technology.

2. I would like to come back to Vistaprint.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Vistaprint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay, People, Location, anything I should list about the company are pros.

Cons

Maybe the reputation. (compare to Google). When I started, some of my friends confused that if the company has anything to do with Microsoft's Windows Vista. Now they have TV Commercials and I believe that it's not a con anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint